The following services are available to library cardholders:
|Newspapers||The Crittenden Press, Livingston Ledger, Paducah Sun, and Wall Street Journal|
|Print Books, Magazines, Audiobooks,||See checkout policies|
|Special Collections||Genealogy, Local History, Maps|
|In-Library Use of Computers and Laptops||Available with Microsoft Office software|
|Wireless Internet Access||No password required – look for “CCPL Guest” in your list of networks|
|Copy, Scanning, Faxing, Mobile Printing||Please ask for help from our staff|
|Computer Classes||Tech Help on Thursdays 10-12 am|
|Interlibrary Loan||Please ask staff for specific titles|
|Online Databases||Ancestry.com, Overdrive eBooks, eAudio and eMagazines available with the Libby App, KYVL|
Call or come by the library to fill out a request form for materials not available in our library. We can borrow from libraries from across the state, delivered by our courier service. The statewide courier arrives at CCPL on Tuesdays before noon.
Visit Worldcat Advanced Search to find titles. Then call the library at 270-965-3354 to ask us to order them for you. We will make every attempt to accommodate requests.Learn More
Library Card & Checkouts
To apply for a library card, inquire at the circulation desk or fill out the online form found at the library catalog page. Required information to open an account at Crittenden County Public Library is a photo ID that includes proof of residency in Crittenden County. You will be issued a card at registration. Your first card is free, replacement cards cost $1.00. Please view the library circulation policy for specific information about borrow rights and responsibilities.
With Established Borrowing Record
Checkout lengths for different materials:
|Media||Duration / Limits|
|eBooks (Libby)||3 weeks (no fines, books disappear from reader after 3 weeks unless renewed)|
|Audio Books (cassette and CD)||3 weeks|
|DVD & Magazines||1 week|
|Hotspots and Laptops||3 weeks, no renewals|
|Library material checkout limits||Up to 20 items per card including a combination of books, audiobooks, 5 DVD, or magazines|
Read Full Library Card Policies
The Crittenden County Public Library has 10 public-use, Internet computers available and 6 laptops that can be used in the library only. Computers may be used for two, one-hour sessions per day.
For a complete list of rules and limitations, refer to the Computer Use Policy.
Besides the 8 public-access computers, we also have available 3 Internet-accessible computers in the Genealogy Department for use by job seekers, genealogists and students needing longer than the public-access computer limits.
CCPL has 6 laptops and 6 hotspots available for patrons to check out for one 3-week period. Place a hold for a device at the library catalog at https://crittendenlibrary.biblionix.com. Login in with your library card and your 10 digit phone number and search for HP Laptop or Wi-Fi Hotspot. Select a device and click Reserve. Library staff will call you when the device is available.
The Meeting Room at the Crittenden County Public Library is available for use by non-profit organizations, with preference to library activities. To reserve the meeting room, check the library’s online calendar to see if the time you need is available, then ask at the circulation desk or call the library at 270-965-3354. At this time, our board policy states that the room may not be used for private events such as birthday parties and showers. Please refer to the Meeting Room Policy for more information.
Print, Scan & Fax
Services available with a small fee
|Printing||.25 per page, .10 with your own paper|
|Photocopying||.25 per page, 10 with your own paper|
|Fax Service||$1.00 per page, sending and receiving|
MOBILE PRINTING NOW AVAILABLE!
The PrinterOn mobile printing solution makes the Crittenden County Public Library’s public printer available to our patrons without having to connect to our network or install printer drivers. Submit documents or photos for printing from any Wi-Fi or Internet connected device (smartphone, tablet, laptop) no matter where you are. Come to the Library within 48 hours to release and pick up your document.
How to use PrinterOn from a PC:
1. Begin by visiting: https://www.printeron.net/ccpl/mobileprint
2. Choose your printer:
Color – 0.25 per page
3. Enter your email address.
4. Browse your computer to find and select the file you wish to print.
5. Click the green print icon.
6. You will see the status of your print job and a reference number.
7. Within 48 hours, come to the Library circulation desk.
8. At the Library circulation desk, ask for your copies by the name you entered.
9. Staff will release your print job and collect your payment.
How to Use the PrinterOn App:
2. Open the PrinterOn App.
3. Click “No printer selected”.
4. Click “Search”. Search for “42064” or CPL – Crittenden County Public Library in Marion, KY.
5. Find Crittenden County Public Library and click “Color – 0.25 per page” (Color) printer, save.
6. To print a document: when viewing the document, click in the upper right corner and upload the document to the PrinterOn App. To print a photo from your phone: open the app, click on “photo” and select a photo to print. To print from the web: open the app, click “web” and enter the URL of the site you wish to print.
7. Select which printer you wish to print to.
8. Click the “print” icon in the lower right corner.
9. Enter an email address and click on the check mark.
10. You will receive a notice that the job started, and shortly after another message stating “Job Success”.
11. Come to the Library circulation desk within 48 hours.
12. Ask a librarian to release your print job and they will collect payment.
How to Print from a Mobile Device (without using the PrinterOn App)
2. You will be sent a confirmation message for each document sent.
3. Visit the Library and ask a librarian to release your print job. They will collect payment.
CCPL is available to offer a variety of online resources through our partnerships and subscriptions.
View Online Resources