The following services are free to the public:
|Wireless Internet Access||No password required – look for “CCPL” in your list of networks|
|Scanning documents to a flash drive||Please ask for help from our staff|
Call or come by the library to fill out a request form for materials not available in our library. We can borrow from libraries from across the state, delivered by our courier systemLearn More
Library Card & Checkouts
To apply for a library card, inquire at the circulation desk, where a library employee will give you a blank card to fill out with information for our records. Required information to open an account with our library is a photo ID and two additional pieces of documentation confirming residency in Crittenden County. You will also be given information about video check-outs and internet access at this time. The bookmobile is available to visit patrons unable to come into the main library.
You will be issued a card at this time, and asked to sign the back. Cards must be presented at time of checkout. Cardholder (or responsible party) is responsible for all material checked out on their account. You may not use someone else’s card to check out materials.
Your first card is free, replacement cards will be provided with a fee.
With Established Borrowing Record
Checkout lengths for different materials:
|Media||Duration / Limits|
|eBooks||2 weeks (no fines, books disappear from reader after 2 weeks unless renewed)|
|Audio Books (cassette and CD)||2 weeks|
|VHS and DVD||1 week *|
|Library material checkout limits||20 books or audio books, 2 videos/DVD, 10 magazines|
Renewals may be done in person or over the telephone during regular library hours, and will be for an additional two weeks for books, and four days for movies and magazines.
Two renewals only.
* Videos and DVDs may only be checked out after a borrowing record is established. A borrowing record consists of checking out and returning at least two books.Read Full Library Card Policies
The Crittenden County Public Library has 8 public-use, Internet computers available.
Computers may be used for one, one-hour session per day.
Using these computers requires the following*:
- User must fill out an Internet-Use agreement form and signature card*. Children under 18 must have parent/guardian portion filled out and signed.
- User must be signed in by a librarian and given a reservation slip at the circulation desk. Instructions for logging into the computer are on the slip.
- Users may be asked to stop using the computers at any time if it is observed that they are not complying with the Internet Use Agreement.
- USB-port Flash drives may be used on our computers to save documents and other items. Due to server restrictions, floppy disks and CDs are not allowed for saving items.
* For a complete list of rules and limitations, ask to see a copy of the Internet User Agreement form at the library.
Besides the 8 public-access computers, we also have available 2 Internet-accessible computers in the Genealogy Department for use by genealogists and students needing longer than the public-access computer limits.
The Meeting Room at the Crittenden County Public Library is available for use by non-profit organizations, with preference to library activities. To inquire about reserving the room, ask at the circulation desk or call the library at 270-965-3354. At this time, our board policy states that the room may not be used for private events such as birthday parties and showers.
Print & Fax
Services available with a small fee
|Printing||.25 per page|
|Photocopying||.25 per page|
|Fax Service||$1.00 per page, sending and receiving|
Kentucky Drivers Manuals
We have printed copies of the Kentucky Drivers Manuals available to review in the library.
If you can’t come to the library, the manuals are all available to view online, free of charge.
CCPL is available to offer a variety of online resources through our partnerships and subscriptions.View Online Resources