Here are the form and policies collection point for CCPL services. If need assistance or clarification on any library forms or policies, please contact us!
PDF printable versions are available below, and more information about library services are available via the links above.
How to Get a Library Card
To apply for a library card, inquire at the circulation desk and a library employee will enter your patron information in Apollo, the library catalog. Required information to open an account at CCPL is a photo ID and one additional piece of documentation confirming residency in Crittenden County. You will also be given a new member packet at this time.
You will be issued a card at registration and asked to sign the back. The cardholder (or responsible party) is responsible for all material checked out on their account.
Your first card is free, replacement cards cost $1.00.
New Customer Guidelines
In order to establish a borrowing record, new library customers may borrow up to two (2) items. When those items are returned, patrons can check out up to 20 items at any given time.
Lost, Damaged or Otherwise Unusable Materials
- Late fines are no longer charged to patrons at CCPL.
- Items are considered lost when they are 90 days overdue whether customers have or have not received notice.
- If a customer owes $10 or more for lost material on their account, they will be unable to check out any materials.
- Items which have been wet, chewed, or otherwise rendered unusable will be charged for replacement.
- The bookmobile is available to visit patrons unable to come into the main library.
With Established Borrowing Record
Check-out lengths for different materials
|Media||Duration / Limits|
|eBooks||3 weeks (books disappear from reader after 3 weeks unless renewed)|
|Audio Books (cassette and CD)||3 weeks|
|Library material checkout limits||20 books or audio books, 5 videos/DVD, 10 magazines|
Renewals may be done in person or over the telephone during regular library hours, and will be for an additional three weeks for books, and seven days for movies and magazines.
Two renewals only.
CCPL Financial Information
The Crittenden County Public Library, established under KRS 173.310 and following, provides library services to citizens in Crittenden County, Kentucky. In accordance with Chapter 65A and 424 of the Kentucky Revised Statutes, the financial records of the Crittenden County Public Library District for may be inspected in a valid period at the Crittenden County Public Library, 204 W. Carlisle St., Marion, Kentucky during administrative office hours; Monday through Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Inquiries should be made to the library director. CCPL is audited every four years.
Records can also be viewed at the following links:
|2016 Audit||Download PDF|
|2016-17 Year-End Financial Report||Download PDF|
The Crittenden County Public Library is grateful for all donations, both monetary and of materials.
When donating books to the library, please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Books should be clean and in decent condition
- If books meet selection criteria and are needed in our collection, we will gratefully use them for circulation, but if it is a title that we do not need or that is already in our collection in good shape, we will submit them to our book sale to help benefit other library programming.
- All donations will be used at the discretion of the library staff.
Downloadable Forms and Policies
Information Security Policy
Adopted March 26, 2015
|Information Security Policy||Download PDF|